Baby Goat Snuggles & Goat Encounters
Springtime and early Summer is probably our favourite time of year at Jireh Hills Family Homestead. Our little goat herd grows exponentially, and we are quickly bursting at the seams with cute baby goats jumping and running everywhere.
We invite you and the entire family to come experience the joy and endearment of baby goat snuggles. It truly is a unique experience, and our job is to make your time with us memorable and fun for all ages.
You are also welcome to come meet our herd of mama goats and growing youngsters during the fall and winter seasons. If the sun is shining, the girls are outside enjoying it!
This experience includes:
- A quick tour and introduction to our friendly mama and soon-to-be-mama herd of Nubian, Nigerian Dwarf and mini-Nubians goats
- A fun and educational hands-on ‘farmer talk’ about goat anatomy, proper goat and baby goat handling, do’s and don’ts about raising dairy goats, plus a brief overview of our old-fashioned style milking parlour
- Free-Time to pet, play and snuggle the baby goats both in their pens and/or outside (depends on weather and age of baby goats)
- Purchase our handcrafted goat’s milk soap at 25% Discount
Duration: 1 hour
- All ages welcome
- Please wear older clothing that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty
- We recommend a second pair of boots/shoes to change into before/after
- Check the weather and dress appropriately; Our kidding pens are NOT heated and we might be outdoors if the weather is appropriate
- All younger children MUST be accompanied by an adult while in the goat pens
- Grandparents, aunts & uncles are PERFECT ‘photographers’ to bring along for the experience!!!