Baby Goat Snuggles & Goat Encounters
This is where our homesteading story began…
Our primary goal in leaving the city to start a new life was to have FRESH milk for our family. We brought home our first 2 milking goats in 2011, and that’s officially when the addiction started!
Year-Round Goat Encounters
Springtime and early Summer is probably our favourite time of year at Jireh Hills Family Homestead. Our little goat herd grows exponentially, and we are quickly bursting at the seams with cute baby goats jumping and running everywhere.
We invite you and the entire family to come experience the joy and endearment of baby goat snuggles. It truly is a unique experience, and our job is to make your time with us memorable and fun for all ages.
You are also welcome to come meet our herd of mama goats and growing youngsters during the fall and winter seasons. If the sun is shining, the girls are outside enjoying it!
This experience includes:
- Peak into the old-fashioned milking parlour & check out whose still hanging out inside the goat barn.
- Visit the mama goats and babies outside in the pasture for recess time. We currently have 20 does and during the spring and summer months, that number triples as we welcome all the baby goats.
- Bring treats to the goat boys (the bucks) and find out what makes them so special!
- See some of the interesting products we create using fresh goat’s milk, including our handcrafted goats milk soap.
Add on a private campfire & marshmallow roast, or stay for a summer picnic following your Goat Encounters.
Duration: 1 hour
- All ages welcome
- Please wear older clothing that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty
- We recommend a second pair of boots/shoes to change into before/after
- Check the weather and dress appropriately; Our kidding pens are NOT heated and we might be outdoors if the weather is appropriate
- All younger children MUST be accompanied by an adult while in the goat pens
- Grandparents, aunts & uncles are PERFECT ‘photographers’ to bring along for the experience!!!