Cheese Making - farm to table fresh
Come join us for a hands-on lesson in cheese and yogurt making. We will be making fresh goat’s milk FETA, Le Frommage De Chèvre, Farmhouse Cheddar, kefir and setting a batch of cultured yogurt while interacting and learning with our friendly little herd of dairy goats.
Meet Maple, Clava, Bambi & others from our friendly little herd of milking goats here at Jireh Hills Family Homestead. See how we hand-milk our goats the old-fashioned way.
NEW in 2022 Join us year-round for an indoor class.
This class includes:
- A tour of our milking parlour and a visit with our little dairy herd of Nubian, Nigerian Dwarf and mini-Nubian goats.
- A hands-on look at how we milk our goats the old-fashioned way
- A step-by-step lesson in culturing, cutting and seasoning fresh FETA cheese and Farmhouse Cheddar
- A step-by-step lesson in culturing and setting fresh goat’s milk yogurt and kefir
- A Hand-out Guide explaining everything we did so you can easily make your own cheese and yogurt from scratch at home
- Ideas and suggestions for making various hard cheeses and cheese curds
- Resources and recipes to help you get started
Duration: 2 hours
- All ages welcome
- All equipment provided
- Unique Birthday Surprise
- Homeschool Classes
- Girls Night-Out for Bridal Party/Baby Shower
- Bucket List Adventure-Seekers
- Cheese Lovers
- Goat Lovers!!!
Book your Private Class of up to 8 people