Cheese & Yogurt Making
Come join us for a hands-on lesson in cheese and yogurt making. We will be making fresh goat’s milk FETA and setting a batch of cultured yogurt while interacting and learning with our friendly little herd of dairy goats.
Meet Maple, Clava, Bambi & others from our friendly little herd of milking goats here at Jireh Hills Family Homestead. See how we hand-milk our goats the old-fashioned way. Learn how to culture fresh goat’s milk into delicious and nutritious FETA cheese and yogurt.
This class includes:
- A tour of our milking parlour and a visit with our little dairy herd of Nubian, Nigerian Dwarf and mini-Nubian goats. We usually have a few baby goats running around too, so you may even get a chance to snuggle a baby goat!
- A hands-on look at how we milk our goats the old-fashioned way
- A step-by-step lesson in culturing, cutting and seasoning fresh FETA cheese
- A step-by-step lesson in culturing and setting fresh goat’s milk yogurt
- A Hand-out Guide explaining everything we did so you can easily make your own cheese and yogurt from scratch at home
- Ideas and suggestions for making various hard cheeses and cheese curds
- Resources and recipes to help you get started
Duration: 2 hours
- All ages welcome (please be responsible for your own little ones)
- All equipment provided
- Unique Birthday Surprise
- Homeschool Classes
- Girls Night-Out for Bridal Party/Baby Shower
- Bucket List Adventure-Seekers
- Cheese Lovers
- Goat Lovers!!!
NOTE – You can organize your own large group session, or you are welcome to join a scheduled group
$60 per person
15% Discount for Groups of 5 or more
Pricing and scheduling subject to change due to supply costs!