Farm and Forest Revival
Come immerse yourself into the farm life with our
“Farm and Forest Revival”
We welcome our guests to join us for a morning or afternoon on the homestead. The Farm and Forest Revival allows us to have a more intimate look into the behind-the-scenes of our entire 50 acres.
Let us share our homestead story with you as we explore, encounter, trek and immerse ourselves together in our journey towards sustainability, growing our own food and managing a woodland.
Let us share the bounty of homegrown local foods, including our own farm fresh cheeses as we relax together at the woodland campfire. Children are always welcome, and after raising 8 of them ourselves, we definitely have things to keep everyone busy!!!
This unique experience has been designed with YOU, the guest, in mind. As you search for more sustainable travel destinations, where you leave with memories and meaningful relationships in the farming community, if you found us, then you have found the RIGHT PLACE at Jireh Hills Family Homestead.
Book this 3 hour experience with us today! We welcome guests in each season.
Immerse yourself in the farmlife...
What to expect during the
Farm & Forest Revival Experience:
1. Meet with a brief introduction and overview of our 50 acres
2. Begin where our story began, in the milking parlour, with a peak into the goat pens
3. Meet our dairy goat “girls” up-close & enjoy a unique connection with our friendly little herd
4. Assist with a couple goat chores, including letting the girls out for “recess” in the pasture. Watch the goat parade and lead the girls to green pasture and hay mows outdoors.
5. Enjoy a fun and interactive Scavenger Hunt as we trek around and see how we manage our other farm critters. *Explore the numerous regenerative practices that we have begun to use on our homestead, most recently, our aerated compost program.
Time to Explore – the woodlands:
6. We will hike back to enjoy the warmth of a campfire at the Woodland Adventure Playground, located along the Carolinian Forest
7. Enjoy a walk along the Froggie Boggie Boardwalk and trails of the woodlands using our map and compass to guide you
8. Relax and enjoy a bountiful feast at the campfire, including locally sourced foods and our own fresh farmhouse cheeses. This atmosphere of food and fellowship encourages an intimate look into questions surrounding our homesteading practices, inspiration for possible changes in our everyday lives to promote a more sustainable future.
Lastly, we will depart with a bar of our handcrafted goats milk soap, dried lavender and herbal tea grown in our own herb gardens
Duration: 3 hours
– Customized Options –
We do offer a customized version of our
Farm and Forest Revival
that is suitable for larger groups.
This unique learning experience is amazing for school & homeschool groups!
Contact Us for details
Things to Note:
- This is an active outdoor Event that runs year-round
- Dress according to weather conditions (sunhat, raincoat, sunscreen, etc).
- Wear appropriate walking shoes or boots (closed-toe ONLY).
- Strollers or carriers may be helpful for some areas of the tour.
- We offer customized tours (downsized) for seniors, so please ask!
WASHROOMS ARE AVAILABLE on-site