A personal note –
If you are reading this, then you might similar to me; interested in the ‘science’ behind soap-making. As a former High School Science teacher, I always LOVED setting up lab work for my students. You remember those classes, right? Collecting all your materials, measuring out exact amounts on the balances, observing the exciting results of a chemical reaction.
Well, soap making is just like that! It’s a chemical reaction that takes place to create something that is not only beautiful, but soap is one of the most useful products found in your home.
Add in my homesteading passion to raise my own goats, pigs, grow herbs, flowers and infuse everything (yikes!), soap making has quickly and easily become my greatest hobby. My desire is to create a safe, affordable and healthy product that truly makes a difference in your skin. Using products that I know are naturally and ethically grown in a sustainable way, I have full confidence that you will notice a difference.
Please share our products with your friends, leave feedback or comments, and if you are ever in the area, be sure to stop by for a visit. We are also looking forward to hosting SOAP MAKING CLASSES and you are welcome to join us!
How Exactly Does Soap Work
Soap creates a special environment in which oil and water (or milk) can mix.
Benefits of Goat Milk in Soap
1. Goat milk contains vitamins and minerals, which are beneficial to the skin, such as Vitamin A, C, D B6, Folic Acid, B12, Ascorbic Acid, and Biotin. Other trace elements with proven healing and rejuvenating properties are found in perfect harmony with our bodies’ needs for selenium, zinc, copper and iron. Goat milk easily penetrates skin layers to provide nutrients to deeper tissues for a healthy look from within.
2. Goat milk contain sugar (lactose) which makes an amazing lather and pleasurable bathing experience.
3. Goat milk has amazing moisturizing qualities because of its naturally occurring glycerin, fat molecules and proteins. These are ingredients that regular soaps need to ‘add’, but usually end up simply washing away and not effectively soaking into skin cells. Goat milk soap has a creamy texture that leaves a luscious, soft feel because it literally reaches between skin cells to penetrate and stay put. Goat milk soap works in balance with human skins natural healthy oils; not leaving your skin “tight” or overly dry. It’s a perfect solution for dry skin!
4. Naturally occurring lactic acid in goat’s milk helps rid impurities. Goat’s milk is also a natural mild exfoliant that gives skin a glowing appearance. It contains alpha hydroxyl acids that assist in repairing damaged skin and encourage fresh skin growth. While being super gentle at the same time, goat’s milk soap can be used with confidence by people with sensitive skin.
5. Reduce signs of aging caused by free radicals; goat’s milk contains antioxidants, such as Vitamins A, C and E that delay the appearance of fine lines and sunspots. Goat milk’s high selenium content also adds an extra layer of protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays that can cause skin cancer.
6. Reduce and get relief from inflammation naturally from fats found in goat’s milk.
7. Goat milk has anti-bacterial properties that can make it a natural solution for treating acne and blemishes. These anti-bacterial proteins can also soothe other skin infections, such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and types of dermatitis.
8. Don’t let the tiny list of ingredients in our goat’s milk soap fool you! Most commercial soaps contain detergents, alcohols, preservatives, petroleum-derived products, fragrances, and dyes. Using goat’s milk soap is a perfect alternative for a more natural skin care regime.
9. Milk does NOT spoil in soap because of the high pH environment and the saponification process
10. Fragrance Oils – synthetic aromatic oils that are produced in a lab
11. Mineral Pigments (oxides and ultramarines) – lab-created