Handcrafting Goat's Milk Soap
Jireh Hills Soap Co. is committed to making healthy and natural soaps using fresh goat’s milk from our own little dairy herd. Not only do we sell our natural soaps all over North America, but we want to inspire and show YOU how to do it too!
Are you interested in learning a creative new skill that is centuries old? Are you looking for a memorable and fun time out with friends & family? Are you interested in natural skin care & learning how to use essential oils and herbs in your daily routine? Are you searching for alternatives to commercial big-box skin care products that are NOT really all that ‘good’ for your skin?
We are too!!! Please JOIN US in an organized and hands-on SOAP MAKING SESSION right here at Jireh Hills Family Homestead.
Class 1: Beginners Soap Making (Watch & Learn)
- Come & see how our soap is made! Meet the goats who give us the fresh milk, watch a thorough, up-close demonstration of traditional Cold Process Soap Making & see how we unmold and cut our soap. Ask questions and get inspired to take our advanced class!
- You leave with 3 bars of fresh goat’s milk soap (already cured) & some great memories.
Duration: 1.5-2 hours
- All ages are welcome (children over 8 years ONLY please)
- Safety equipment provided
Groups of 5-10 people
$65 per person (includes $24 in FREE Jireh Hills soap)
Class 2: Advanced Hands-On Soap Making (16 years old & older)
Come prepared to work & have some fun! Choose your recipe, measure & blend together your own soap creation (assistance and all supplies provided), add herbs or flowers to decorate, pour into your own soap molds to take home.
You leave with your own mold of fresh goat’s milk ready to unmold the following day.
Duration: 2-3 hours
- Ages 16 and up (must be accompanied by an adult)
- Safety Equipment Provided
Groups of 5-6 people
Cost: $125 per person
Cost includes – all materials used (oils, milk, herbs, essential oils, etc), 1-on-1 instructional time from an experienced soap maker, Handouts (details & Soap Recipe for you to keep and try your own at home!)
PLUS – $50 value in natural soap bars for you to keep or give as gifts
NOTE – You can organize your own large group session, or you are welcome to join a scheduled group.
What to bring:
- Participants must have legs and arms covered (long sleeved shirt)
- Closed toed shoes
- Small Box (shoe box, etc) to safely transport your soap mold
- Old Towel
- Old apron (if you have one, but not necessary)
- Your own personal safety gear (goggles, rubber gloves) IF you have them
Choose from the following recipes:
- “Plain & Simple”
- “Sweet Baby Goat”
- “Sweet Baby Goat – Lavender”
- “The Re-Freshened Goat”
- “The Happy Healthy Goat”
Or, bring your own essential oil blends to create your personalized & unique soap blend!!!
Note – You must choose your recipe ahead of time, so I can organize my supplies. Choices are subject to change. Please let me know if you are wishing to customize your recipe in any way!
- Unique Birthday Surprise
- Homeschool Classes
- Girls Night-Out for Bridal Party/Baby Shower
- Bucket List Adventure-Seekers
- Cheese Lovers
- Goat Lovers!!!