Handcrafting Goat's Milk Soap
Time to learn a new skill…
Jireh Hills Soap Co. is committed to making healthy and natural soaps using fresh goat’s milk from our own little dairy herd. Not only do we sell our natural soaps all over North America, but we want to inspire and show YOU how to do it too!
Are you interested in learning a creative new skill that is centuries old? Are you looking for a memorable and fun time out with friends & family? Are you interested in natural skin care & learning how to use essential oils and herbs in your daily routine? Are you searching for alternatives to commercial big-box skin care products that are NOT really all that ‘good’ for your skin?
We are too!!!
Please JOIN US in an organized and hands-on SOAP MAKING SESSION right here at Jireh Hills Family Homestead.
OPEN year-round for indoor classes in our “farmhouse” – warm up by the cozy wood stove and let’s make soap!!!
Class 1: Beginners Soap Making (Watch & Learn)
- Come & see how our soap is made!
- Meet the goats who give us the fresh milk,
- Watch a thorough, up-close demonstration of traditional Cold Process Soap Making
- See how we unmold and cut our soap.
- Ask questions and get inspired to take our advanced class!
- You will EACH leave with a bar of our “Sweet Baby Goat” blend & some great memories.
Duration: 2 hours
- All ages welcome
- Dress for outdoors as we will sneak a peak in the goat barn during your visit
- Safety equipment provided
Class 2: Advanced Hands-On Soap Making
Come prepared to work & have some fun!
First, watch a demo of our cold process soap making from START to FINISH
Design and plan your OWN recipe
Measure & blend together your own soap creation (assistance and all supplies provided)
Add herbs or flowers grown here on the homestead to decorate
Pour your batter into soap molds to take home
You leave with your own mold of fresh goat’s milk ready to unmold & cut the following day
Duration: 2 hours
- Ages 14 and up (must be accompanied by an adult)
- Safety Equipment Provided
Private Classes up to 8 people
Cost includes –
all materials used (oils, milk, herbs, essential oils, etc),
1-on-1 instructional time from an experienced soap maker,
Handouts (details & Soap Recipe for you to keep and try your own at home!)
PLUS – each guest leaves with $65 value in natural soap bars for you to keep or give as gifts
What to bring:
- Participants must have legs and arms covered (long sleeved shirt)
- Closed toed shoes
- Small Box (shoe box, etc) to safely transport your soap mold
- Old Towel
- Old apron (if you have one, but not necessary)
- Your own personal safety gear (goggles, rubber gloves) IF you have them
Availability of essential oils and blends will be determined; no guarantee of what might be in stock during your class. You are welcome to BYO essential oils if you have a favourite!
- Unique Birthday Surprise
- Homeschool Classes
- Girls Night-Out for Bridal Party/Baby Shower
- Bucket List Adventure-Seekers
- Cheese Lovers
- Goat Lovers!!!